What Kids Port
Could Look Like
Kids Port Museum is an engaging, hands-on, simulated city where kids learn through interactive STEAM and regional history-based activities.
To help children of all ages develop and understanding of themselves, their world, and community through the power of play.
*** Renderings and photos provided by SKOLNICK Architecture
- Front desk “ship” featuring waves/tiles for sponsors/donors to the capital campaign.
- Sponsored miniature interactive versions of local businesses and industry surrounding the perimeter of the main space.
- Mini-businesses will incorporate hands-on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and/or Mathematics.
- Nursing friendly area
- Event Space- Separated space to rent out for events, birthday parties, and hold camps.
- Water zone featuring mini Sidney Lanier Bridge, shrimp boats, Gullah Geechee fishing
- Physics of water flow, sand bar diversions
- DNR has educational content ready to implement.
- Gift shop – revenue generating space that will also provide opportunities for parents to extend the experience at home by investing in the open-ended STEAM-oriented educational toys and materials their children experienced in the museum
- Toddler zone with age-appropriate activities for kids under 3
Create content and bring in public programming that supports cultural expression and engages diverse audiences in our museum.
Create and environment that allows children to explore diverse perspectives, develop new ideas and experiment with technologies.
Accessible to All
Create a space that is inclusive to families and children of all sizes, capabilities, backgrounds, cultures and economic capacities.
Transparency and careful stewardship of resources build community trust.
Your questions, comments, and concerns are welcome and essential to the development of a successful community project like Kids Port Museum.